Saturday, December 13, 2008

How The Hog Ate The Cabbage

Sitting here thinking about my youngest son's birthday tomorrow, I realized, I am going to have 2 teenaged boys living under our roof. God Help Me PLEASE! lol

When Foster, my oldest, was 13 he decided that he would see if he could push my husband, Jim, see how far he got. Jim being a very muscular man, showed him "how the hog ate the cabbage" so to speak! lol A few days before their confrontation, Foster decided to get mouthy with me, I was shocked, he really had never been very mouthy. He was in the kitchen with Jake and was trying to force Jake to do all the kitchen duties they are to share. When I went into the kitchen to see what was going on, I about flipped out! Foster was hitting his brother! Holy Shit! I walked up to Foster and had words with him then sent him to his room which he went, deciding the door needed to be slammed! lol When I went back to his room to reprimand him for doing that he is leaning on the door so I can't get in! WOW, I was shocked and pissed off! Anyway, we ended up grounded! Then a few days later, Jim is talking to him about his bad grades and he is ignoring him. So, Jim puts his hand on Foster's shoulder to get his attention and Foster starts kicking Jim! Jim marched him into our room, had him up against the wall (no, he wasn't being mean, but was trying to get Foster to calm down), had quite a long talk with him and ya know what?? Foster has been pretty mild mannered since that day.

So, I asked myself.....how long to I have before Jake decides he needs to learn "how the hog ate the cabbage?" I have a feeling it's not going to be much longer! Teenagers are so much FUN! NOT!

Besides being pains to their parents, I have figured out the past 6 months, teenagers seem to decide that they hate their siblings, that is unless someone else does something to them, then they stand beside them and fight the battle! Foster seems to look at his brother and automatically wants to either tease him unmercifully or bite the poor kids head off! Jake either wants to be rude or whine because he started something he can't finish when it comes to a mouth fight with his older brother! I told them both the other day "I am tired of being a Referee, I QUIT!" They didn't seem to get that one, Mom, quit? Mom's don't QUIT???? Do they? I don't quit loving you and being here but damn! I quit having to referee your verbal sparing matches is what I told them. They seemed confused by that one! LOL Hey, they were quite for at least 5 minutes mulling that one over!!!

I just hope my sanity still exists once the Christmas break from school is over!! God HELP ME! lol

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man, I forgot totally about the break coming up. Will you just kill me now? Please? Or I will trade your J. for my S.

    ReplyDelete